Thursday 24 January 2013

Coming on the 5 February 2013, Enmitus - The Children, sequel to Enmitus, The Children


 Enmitus: The Transformation


 

A fascinating interview with author PJ LaRue, read on…


Title:                     The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool
The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool

Author:                                PJ LaRue

Page Count:       34

ISBN:                     978-0-9849894-0-9

Genre:                  Children’s Chapter Book

Cost:                      $.99 US

Link Amazon USA:          

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mystic-Princesses-Whirlpool-ebook/dp/B0086YGAEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358714123&sr=8-1&keywords=the+mystic+princesses+and+the+whirlpool

Link Amazon UK:             

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Mystic-Princesses-Whirlpool-ebook/dp/B0086YGAEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358714213&sr=8-1

Can you tell me something about yourself?       

I love cats, Jackie Chan movies and hiking to waterfalls. I had a dysfunctional childhood, but I don’t believe that one’s past has to predict one’s future. I knew from about the third grade that I would go to college so that I could provide for myself without being dependent on anyone else.  After changing my major several times, I settled on accounting and became a CPA. I’ve been happily married for 31 years, to the same wonderful man.

What inspired you to write?

I wrote poetry when I was in high school, and then quit for quite a long time.  A couple of years ago, a former co-worker and his three sons were killed in a car crash. The driver at fault was impaired. The family’s pain spoke so strongly to me, and a poem poured out, along with many tears. It was a heart breaking way to re-start my writing, but the family was so touched that each of the wives framed the poem and hung it in their homes. It was also read at the sentencing of the impaired driver a few months ago.

Just after that sad event, I wrote a two or three page summary of the first Mystic Princesses book and gave it to one of my staff members who had a daughter the right age. Her daughter loved it, and the mother encouraged me to expand it into a chapter book. So I read some chapter books to see what they were like. When I expanded the story it became The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool. Her daughter is still asking for book two, so she must be my number one fan.
               

That’s really moving  PJ and its good to hear you are writing a sequel. Would you tell us who are your favourite authors?

I love reading and enjoy a variety of books and genres. 

Philippa Gregory – historical novels – The Tudor Court novels

Ken Follett – historical novels – Pillars of the Earth and World Without End

Dan Brown – suspense books

David Baldacci – King and Maxwell books and Camel Club books

Christine Feahan –The only Feahan books I haven’t read yet are the stand alone books. I love all of her series – Dark series, GhostWalker series, Leopard series, Drake Sister series, and Sisters of the Heart series

Christian Dodd – paranormal romances - The Darkness Chosen series and The Chosen One’s series

Nalini Singh – Psy/Changeling paranormal romance series

J. R. Ward – The Black Dagger Brotherhood series and Fallen Angels series

Stieg Larsson – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest

 

Can you tell me something about your latest book?

The princesses are daughters of gods and goddesses. They inherit powers from their parents that are used to protect Princess Harmonie, who is the daughter of Ares, god of war, and Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty. Ares’ other children want to fight and cause wars, but Princess Harmonie makes people feel peaceful. So the Children of Ares need to capture Princess Harmonie first.

 

I know this is good book for children, I read it.  How long did it take you to write it?

I started my book two years ago and it only took two months to write.  But I didn’t have any experience with copyrighting or publishing. I also needed to find an editor and illustrator. The whole process took longer than the second will require.

 

Can you tell us something about the writing process, do you have a set time for writing? Did you do any research or anything else of interest that was involved?

My writing process is very spontaneous. I use whatever is handy when I get an inspiration. I keep a notepad in my purse and I have a laptop so I can be in the bedroom with my husband. I probably need to set a time for writing. I find that I’m busy promoting, and I‘ve let my current writing time slip. 

The majority of the research for The Mystic Princesses was already complete, when I wrote the book. My husband and I went to Maui and Kauai on our 25th anniversary. I tend to plan our vacations to the hilt, read multiple guidebooks and surf the net to find things to do. It was essentially my first writing/research trip, but I didn’t know it.  All of this research paid off when I sat down to write The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool, because the hard part was already finished.

 

What do you think readers will come away with when they have finished your book?

The Mystic Princesses has several messages in it. First, people need to settle their differences by discussing them, rather than fighting. It also has an environmental message to keep the water clean. It touches on honesty and teamwork, as well. Overall, though, it is a happy book that empowers young girls to solve their own problems and not wait for the handsome prince to come and rescue them.

 

Would you give us a paragraph or two from your book please?

After that, Princess Harmonie felt even guiltier for keeping the CoA tattoos a secret. So she finally made a very hard choice. She asked King Neptune and Queen Pearl and the other princesses to gather in the reef living room. “There is something I need to tell you,” she said. “My brother Eros told me a secret about the Children of Ares, and he asked me not to tell you. But I’ve thought about it a lot, and have changed my mind.

“Sandi Swordfish told us that we should keep most secrets. But she said not to keep secrets if someone could get hurt. Even when someone we love asks us to keep a secret, we should think about safety first. That is the reason I have chosen to tell you my secret.” As she spoke, everyone became quiet, and looked at her.

Any other links of interest:

Email PJ:

pj@pjlarueinc.com

Barnes and Noble:          

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-mystic-princesses-and-the-whirlpool-p-j-larue/1111259489?ean=2940014355049

iBookstore:        

http://www.ibookstore.com/products.php?i=B0086YGAEM

Goodreads:       

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17235412-the-mystic-princesses-and-the-whirlpool

Facebook:          


Twitter:                               


Pinterest:           


Thank you so much for doing this interview PJ.  I am sure everyone will enjoy hearing about your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment