Thursday 29 November 2012

Interview with Andrea Buginsky

My Books


.
Enmitus: The TransformationI am NineChildren of Fury



Title: Nature’s Unbalance (The Chosen)
The Chosen

Author: Andrea Buginsky

Page Count: 50

ISBN: 1479134066

Genre: YA Fantasy

Cost: eBook, $1.99; Print, $5.99



Can you tell me something about yourself?

I'm a 37-year-old freelance writer living with a congenital heart defect.

I have enjoyed writing since I was a kid. When I got to college, I decided to turn it into a career, and earned my BA in Journalism. I have been freelance writing for several years now.

I have always wanted to write a book, and decided I wanted to write for children. I love fantasy movies like "The Lord of the Rings" and "Harry Potter," so I decided to try my hand at writing one of my own.

My first publication is "The Chosen," a young adult fantasy I worked on for about three years. It was published by Solstice Publishing on December 14, 2010. The second book in THE CHOSEN series, "Nature's Unbalance," was published on July 17, 2012. I am currently working on the third book in the series, and have a concept for the fourth.

I have also published "My Open Heart," an autobiography about growing up with heart disease. My hope is that it will give encouragement to young adults growing up with heart disease, or other chronic illnesses, as well as parents of children growing up with heart disease.

I live in the Tampa Bay, FL area, where I grew up. I am originally from NJ.

What inspired you to write?

            A love of books, reading, and writing. I’ve always loved to read and write. When a story didn’t go the way I wanted it to, I made up alternative endings in my head. I still do that for a lot of TV shows and movies I watch. When I write my books, I can write the ending however I want to.

Who are you favourite authors?

            Danielle Steel, J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, Nicholas Sparks, Melissa Foster, Tonya Kappes

Can you tell me something about your latest book?

            “Nature’s Unbalance” is the second book in “The Chosen” series. I wanted to continue writing about these characters, and send them on a new adventure. The adventure consists of saving Nature, who is a real person, from a darkness that is trying to destroy her and her creations.

Wow! So, how long did it take you to write it?

            About six months.

Can you tell us something about the writing process, do you have a set time for writing, did you do any research or anything else of interest that was involved?

            (laughing) I don’t really have a “process.” When I feel up to writing, I sit at my computer and type what comes to mind. I’ve come to learn that this is called being a pantser. I love that term! But I don’t have a ritual or even a schedule I follow.

            As for research, if I feel stuck, I’ll watch a fantasy movie to get inspired. And sometimes, I’ll have to look up how to write certain scenes, such as battle scenes. I’ve also had to draw a map of my world, and write up a character sheet to keep track of everyone as I add new characters to the books.

What do you think readers will come away with when they have finished your book.

            A sense of being themselves. My books are aimed at young adults, and I’m hoping they’ll learn that being themselves is ok, no matter who that may be. I also try to get my motto across in my books, which Reach for the Stars, and Make Your Dreams Come True.

Would you share an interesting paragraph or two from your book with us?

Too concerned about hurting Nature, Red ran toward her and forced them all to stop their attacks on the cloud. They feared they would hit Red with their spells. But the arrows, fireballs and frost bolts still lingered in the air on a collision course with him.

“No!” Silvor screamed. He ran between Red and one of his own fire balls.

A loud cry pierced through the air when a fireball exploded. Then, a massive billow of smoke consumed the dust cloud, Nature, Red and Silvor. Everyone else ran for cover, and each lost sight of the others in the chaos. Another horrific cry of pain and agony came from nearby. When they composed themselves, they saw Halli fall to her knees on the ground. She dropped her mace and shield beside her, and covered her face with her hands, which muffled some of her cries.

“She’s hurt!” Kaidyla rushed to her side. But when she got to her, she didn’t see a single mark on Halli and couldn’t figure out what caused her friend to scream. Then, she looked in front of her. When the smoke cleared, she saw Red, Silvor and Nature lay motionless on the ground.

Other links of interest:


Twitter: @andreabuginsky



 

No comments:

Post a Comment